Hunger ActionThe Presbytery of Florida endorses the Coalition of Immokalee Workers' Campaign for Fair Food and commends it to the churches of Florida Presbytery.
We urge Florida-based Publix Supermarket to join the Fair Food Program.
We urge the churches of Florida Presbytery to support the Campaign for Fair Food by:
• giving generously to the One Great Hour of Sharing Offering, which supports efforts to end hunger all over the world, including the United States. (In 2011, the One Great Hour of Sharing granted Interfaith Action of Southwest Florida $14,000 to work in partnership with the Coalition of Immokalee Workers.)
• participating in the Faith Moves Mountains spiritual campaign initiated by Florida clergy
• sending postcards, letters and emails to the CEO of Publix, Mr. Ed Crenshaw
• dropping off manager’s letters when they shop at Publix. These letters urge the company to work with the CIW and join the Fair Food Program.
• participating in peaceful acts of public witness, such as marches, rallies, and press conferences, with the CIW and with other supporters of the Campaign for Fair Food
Stated Clerk's letter to Publix CEO