Search committee chooses camp director
The Dogwood Acres Director Search Committee are pleased to announce their selection of Rev. Dr. Jonas Georges to serve as Dogwood Acres' Camp Director. A PC(USA)-ordained teaching elder, he has pastored All Nations Presbyterian Church, Miami, the last eight years and also has worked for the Salvation Army, taught School of Ministry courses at St. Thomas University, Miami, and was founder and first executive director of a community development agency partly funded by the PC(USA).
He is fluent in several languages and has Master of Divinity and Doctor of Ministry degrees from the Florida Center for Theological Studies, St. Thomas University. Born in Haiti, Jonas and his wife, Gelina, have lived in south Florida for over 25 years and have an adult daughter and a brand-new grandson. Learn more about Jonas here, on the Presbytery's Facebook page and in the Presbytery's upcoming Spring Quarter Pelican newsletter and e-Updates.
• One hundred fifteen women in the Florida Presbytery recently attended the 108th Annual Presbyterian Women Gathering at St. Andrews Presbyterian Church, Panama City. Read about this exciting event and other PW activities in the Spring Pelicanette.
• The Presbyterian University Center at Florida State University, Tallahassee, has been busy serving as many as 50 students, faculty and other guests daily at Calvin's Coffee House; welcoming FSU's Gospel Choir to share and perform at their Listening Point Supper; hosting a "Fat Tuesday" prayer and pancake dinner and more. Read the PUC newsletter to learn more about these and other PUC ministry programs abloom this spring.
• The Presbyterian Foundation offers resources to help with your stewardship program – from favorite stewardship quotes to planned giving ideas to examples of a narrative budget. Check out the Ministry Toolbox to see what's new.
June 22-27 (3rd – 8th grades)
July 20-25 (1st – 8th grades)
July 27-August 1 (6th – 12th)
It is a volunteer position, and we offer a free week of camp for a child or grandchild of the volunteer.
• Laurel Hill Presbyterian Church
is seeking artists, crafters, heritage groups and historic re-enactors for the Laurel Hill Spring Arts and Heritage
Festival May 3, 11 a.m. to 3
p.m. CDT. No sales reps, please. Musical performers are also sought.
There is no fee to exhibit or perform. To reserve space or for more
information, please contact Brian Hughes, Clerk of Session, at 850-603-2584
• Interested in serving the Church at the Presbytery level? Several opportunities to serve on Presbytery team remain. Complete and send the Presbytery office your Team Volunteer Questionnaire today!